Thank you for your interest in joining our volunteer team and being a part of mobilising responses that reduce the harmful effects of pornography on children and young people.
Please follow the following instructions to lodge your National Police History Check: Volunteer check = $16.00.
CrimCheck Online Check Instructions
Please note that as part of a criminal history check you will be required to confirm your ID by sending us 4 identity documents as detailed via the Crimcheck platform.
The steps you need to take are as follows:
- Go to www.crimcheck.org.au/check/echildhood
- Fill in the form and choose whether you would like your certificate emailed directly to you (free of charge). The box is automatically checked - uncheck if you do not want a copy of your certificate sent to you.
- CrimCheck Passwords will need to be reset every 90 days.
- 4 identity documents are required to process your check. These include one Commencement of Identity document, one Primary Use in the Community Document, and Two Secondary Use in the Community Documents (outlined in the Crimcheck link)
- Send an email to volunteers @ echildhood.org (with no spaces)—we will arrange a video call with you so that we can site your ID documents to process and lodge your check.
- As soon as the check is resolved we will be in contact with you to let you know how to proceed with volunteering.
Any issues? Please send us an email.
NOTE: We prefer that you DON'T email us your ID documents. If for some reason you do, the Document Retention periods as of 01 July 18 state that any physical Informed Consent forms will need to be stored either physically or electronically for minimum 12 Months and destroyed before the maximum 15 month mark from the date of results unless the organisation has a legal requirement to retain those documents for longer. Our process for occasions when documents are sent to us:
- When a volunteer sends eChildhood their 4 Identity documents for a CrimCheck, these are stored electronically until we receive notification of the status of the check.
- After eChildhood receives notification of the status of the volunteer check, we record the volunteer name, CrimCheck reference number, and date of notification on file.
- Within 7 days of completing this process, eChildhood deletes the volunteer ID and CrimCheck certificate from our system. We do not retain copies of these documents.