Thank you for your interest in joining our volunteer team and being a part of mobilising responses that reduce the harmful effects of pornography on children and young people.
Please follow the following instructions to lodge your National Police History Check: Volunteer check = $16.00.
CrimCheck Online Check Instructions
Please note that as part of a criminal history check you will be required to confirm your ID by sending us 4 identity documents as detailed via the Crimcheck platform.
The steps you need to take are as follows:
- Go to www.crimcheck.org.au/check/echildhood
- Fill in the form and choose whether you would like your certificate emailed directly to you (free of charge). The box is automatically checked - uncheck if you do not want a copy of your certificate sent to you.
- Once you have completed the form you will receive an email from us with full details of your check (including a list to help you understand what documents constitute 4 identity documents, One Commencement of Identity document, One Primary Use in the Community Document, and Two Secondary Use in the Community Documents (outlined in the Crimcheck link)
- For those applicants who mail or email their identity documents there will no longer be a need to have certified true copies, the applicant can send an uncertified photo or photocopy of their identity documents
- The Document Retention periods as of 01 July 18 that any physical Informed Consent forms will need to be stored either physically of electronically for minimum 12 Months and destroyed before the maximum 15 month mark from the date of results unless the organisation has a legal requirement to retain those documents for longer.
- CrimCheck Passwords will need to be reset every 90 days
- There are Informed Consent forms along with a form to allow for Verification of applicant Identity by an authorised referee when the applicant cannot meet the identity document requirements
- Forward the email to us at volunteers @ echildhood.org (with no spaces). IMPORTANT: BE SURE TO ATTACH COPIES OF ID or we will not be able to process your check
- Once we receive your email and ID we will lodge your check
- As soon as the check is resolved we will be in contact with you to let you know how to proceed with volunteering
Any issues? Please send us an email.
What we do with a volunteers details
- When a volunteer sends eChildhood their 4 Identity documents for a CrimCheck, these are stored electronically until we receive notification of the status of the check.
- After eChildhood receives notification of the status of the volunteer check, we record the volunteer name, CrimCheck reference number, and date of notification on file.
- Within 7 days of completing this process, eChildhood deletes the volunteer ID and CrimCheck certificate from our system. We do not retain copies of these documents.