I pledge to stand for…
- A world where kids can grow up without being harmed by accessing graphic, violent online pornography
- Prevention of children’s access to pornography through digital child protection buffers
- Updated legislation and education to address pornography as a public health crisis that increases children and young people's vulnerabilities to sexual harms
Parents, caregivers, educators and other children's health advocates, lend your support
Our goal is to collect the names of 10,000 eChildhood supporters to call upon our government, tech companies and education providers to step up to protect children and young people from exposure to online pornography.
By signing your name you...
- Provide us with the necessary social proof that demonstrates interest and support to protect our kids from the harms of online pornography
- Amplify the voices of advocacy for this cause, which are essential to take on this tough battle on behalf of our kids
- Allow us to increase our reach and spread awareness across Australia and beyond…
The research and statistics that we provide on this website reveal the substantial long term impact that open and free access to mainstream online pornography is having on our kids. We released a report on September 25, 2017, calling on the Government to implement a solid action plan that brings together the core components of digital protection buffers, and cross sector, nationwide educational strategies that are fundamentally supported by legislation, policy and national frameworks.
Unsupervised on the internet, within a few short minutes your child (or any child), can both accidentally or intentionally access pornographic material that has the potential to result in long term harms.
The consequences of exposing children and youth to mainstream hardcore pornography may be evident straightaway; can compound over time; can lead to addiction and other mental health issues; or is sometimes only be realised when that young person first engages in sexual acts or a sexual relationship with a partner. To better understand the harmful impact that porn has on psychological and physical health of children we urge you to read our statement of research
THANK YOU FOR STANDING WITH US