In order to have a comprehensive approach to digital solutions, eChildhood has adopted the term Digital Child Protection Buffers. This refers to the various ways in which pornography harms can be prevented.
- Safeguarding homes with home filters, device apps and parental controls
- Internet Service Provider (ISP) level blocks
- Age Verification processes to access pornographic websites
- Mobile device restrictions through use of SIM cards that restrict access to adult content unless and until the account holder completes an age-verification procedure
- Safe public WiFi
Implementing the full spectrum of Digital Child Protection Buffers, as well as legislation & policy solutions, robust education, and therapeutic solutions, means that our children will be protected in all environments from the harms of pornography and supported to heal in instances when harm occurs.
- YES! I want to safeguard my home. Show me how!
- YES! I support ISP level blocks. How do I know if my provider offers them?
- YES! I believe Australia's children deserve to be protected through Age Verification processes. What do I need to know?
- YES! I want to see mobile device restrictions implemented. How can I influence this measure?
- YES! I know businesses and public spaces that need safe public WiFi! How can this be implemented in Australia and New Zealand?
To learn more about each of the Digital Child Protection Buffers, and what the current and proposed digital landscape in Australia looks like, click through the menu on the right side of the page.
Currently, families across Australia individually arrange for their own protection to content that most don’t want their children to see. eChildhood believes that this measure does not adequately comply with the laws and the needs of society for protection. Stand with us to see updated legislation for prevention of children’s access to pornography through the implementation of the full range of Digital Child Protection Buffers by adding your voice to our pledge. Their Future. Your Voice. We also welcome tax-deductible donations to further our work and see children grow up free from the harms of pornography, confidently building thriving relationships.